Vegetarians Save Everyone Money.
Two brilliant researchers decided they would look into the claims made by animal rights advocates about how realistic a vegetarian world could be. What they found may change the debate forever.
First, researchers wanted to know how much it actually costs to produce calories for human consumption. They looked at the production costs associated with various food products and found that vegan products were startlingly cheaper to produce. For example, 2000 calories of beef costs roughly $38 to produce whereas 2000 calories of soybeans costs just $2 from start to finish. The difference in cost at the register is all about how much people are willing to pay for meat and how much money is given to the industry in subsidies.
Next, the team looked at what an increase in global vegetarianism would do to the food market. They found that the more people in the world who go vegetarian the lower overall food costs would be for everyone. They site market statistics that prove a 1% increase in the number of people who eat vegetarian has historically led to a 1-3% decrease in meat costs across the board. If meat eaters ever want to see cheaper meat, they are going to have to start turning everyone else around them veg.
These are both claims that vegans have been making for years based on facts published from a host of other studies. It’s nice to see some of the big pro-veg arguments substantiated in one place.
Bookmark this one, send it to your friends, give it to your dad as some post-father’s day reading material, and pull it out next time a friend complains about how expensive their groceries are.
Save money, the planet, and yourself. Do it, it’s easy, tasty, and rewarding (you ass holes).
239 Notes/ Hide
- cuntcuntcuuunt likes this
- larksincat likes this
- peachfizztea reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- peachfizztea likes this
- kirademata likes this
- atoastonyourgrave reblogged this from stuppe
- stuppe reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- michaelceratops likes this
- artaeologist likes this
- skaiheitz likes this
- elidemort reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- misterscarlet likes this
- thisisqpocprivilege likes this
- kalikatheleen likes this
- rainwhisker reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- sentimentalstate reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- phoebegoesvroom likes this
- hairyeyelids likes this
- death--records reblogged this from mudratmark
- lovelessramblings reblogged this from lanthorn
- lanthorn reblogged this from mudratmark
- lanthorn likes this
- beyondthesurfaceofme likes this
- mudratmark reblogged this from radicalvegans
- mudratmark likes this
- exuviating likes this
- sincerelykaycee reblogged this from radicalvegans
- fromgymtoslim likes this
- iwanttolovememore reblogged this from radicalvegans
- kynaosuna reblogged this from radicalvegans
- kynaosuna likes this
- vegan-weightloss reblogged this from radicalvegans
- lombard-st likes this
- vortexanomaly likes this
- 7am likes this
- gamma-ray-invasion likes this
- heartcells reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- heartcells likes this
- meanandchildishandboring likes this
- badschnoodles likes this
- badschnoodles reblogged this from vivavegan
- sufferingtolive likes this
- muzzlefork likes this
- blackpanthera likes this
- aherdofangryhippies reblogged this from kaitlynthevegan
- dickieflashin likes this
- vantasticbooty reblogged this from theinformedvegan
- georgieaoo reblogged this from kaitlynthevegan