Did you melt it with almond milk or just by itself? I use almond milk. The mozzarella is the best cheese to use by FYH.
Different texture, yeah, but you have to choose the right cheeze for the job.
Follow Your Heart is good for melting, like in Mac n Cheese, and daiya has good flavor and comes in shreds, which is perfect for pizzas. However, there are a lot of varieties out there, so try them all.
Just making sure you don’t buy one with casein in it, because a lot of the veggie cheeses still have that in them.
I made two new dishes here on vacation, but I never got a chance to take pictures because everyone ate it before I could get to it.
Eggplant was involved.
I’m on vacation right now so I can’t remember exactly, but I’ll try to remember!
- Julienne two yukon gold potatoes
- put into bowl with 60mL vinegar, 2 tbsp sage, 1 tspn paprika, and a bit of soy sauce or whatever other herbs you really like.
- Add a 1:1 ratio of kimchi
- Let sit for a good 20 minutes
- Mix in 1/2 cup flour, or as much as is needed to form coherent little round patties. (I used tempura flour this last time, and it’s not much different)
- Heat some oil in a pan and stir fry 2-3” patties until crispy. Or you can use a deep fryer if you’re fat like me.
For the sauce:
- mix 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 white vinegar, and 1/3 sesame oil.
- add sage, red pepper flakes, and a clove or two of garlic (just lightly crush it first, or optionally fry it as well).
- you can use a 1/6 rice vinegar, 1/6 white vinegar, and 1/3 sunflower oil as well for a stronger sauce.
Hope that helps! Cheers :)